Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone has been having a wonderful day filled with family and friends and thinking through everything you are thankful for. Tomorrow I’m going to share a recap of my Thanksgiving as well as how I decorated our table, but for tonight I want to share some things I am thankful for. This past Sunday at church our pastor encouraged us to spend the last five minutes of the service writing down a list of things that we were thankful for. I quickly discovered I was not finished after I had filled a page and have continued with the list since. For Thanksgiving I thought I would share twenty things I am thankful for here on the blog.
- Incredible parents who love me and have supported me my whole life.
- Sisters who are my best friends and that I know are always there for me.
- An incredible group of friends who are seriously more like family to me than friends, community is an incredible gift that I do not take for granted and am so thankful for.
4. Food on the table
5. A job that I can actually enjoy going to throughout the week with incredible coworkers that I enjoy spending the day with.
6. The blessing of having the chance to go back to school and pursue a degree I love and being able to do so debt free.
7. Dance. When I had to quite dance at 9 I was devastated. I am so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to get to dance again later in my life and even pursue the dream of earning my pointe shoes.
8. A chance to travel. I have been blessed with the opportunity to go on many missions trips and as a result see the world and meet so many incredible people. One of the greatest gifts this has given me is actually finally being able to understand the bigger picture that the church truly is. It is so encouraging to know that there are people serving God all over this world even when I can’t see them.
9. An incredible church that I love where I learn every week more about God and have found an incredible community and grown so much in my faith.
10. A car that while it has had issues, gets me to where I need to be.
11. The baristas at my favorite coffee shop downtown that know my favorite drink and always have it already started for me before I even step foot inside.
12. Extended family that is always there and that I enjoy seeing when we get together.
13. Living close to work and being able to come home for lunch and spend time with my puppy and family.
14. My sweet puppy Checotah and cats Tiger and Oreo, they bring so much joy to my life with their sweet cuddles and personalities.
15. I am thankful that when I look over my life how I can see God’s fingerprints all over it and know that truly, I have never walked alone, He has always been there and always will be.
16. A bookshelf overflowing with books in my bedroom that I love sitting down to read.
17. Afternoons spent playing the piano and soaking up the music.
18. The holiday season and how it brings family and friends together, both ones you see all the time and ones that you don’t see often.
19. The gift of the Bible and living in a country where I am free to read it and study it without fear of being arrested.
20. And finally the most important thing I am thankful for, the gift of salvation. When I truly stop and think of this, my mind truly can’t comprehend the love that God must have for us that he would send his ONLY SON to die a horrific death to save ungrateful wretches who were living in rebellion against him. I will forever be thankful that he to give my a life filled with his grace.